I turned 29 years old on Friday, Feb. 7, and yes, I feel old. But I’ve felt old for a long time now, so essentially I’m just old-ing into normalcy, I suppose. And since I’ve heard life basically ends at 30, I thought I’d make a little list of things I’d like to accomplish in my last year before kicking the ol’ bucket (yes, I’m being overly dramatic, but it’s still my birthday month so I’m entitled, right?).
Anyway, I do have some goals I’d like to accomplish this year, and I’d like to share them in hopes of being held accountable for at least trying to reach some of them.
- Think of a new blog name since it’s my last year as a twenty-something (!!!!)
- Organize this blog with keywords so it is more searchable
- Brush up on my Spanish-speaking skills (or at least slightly improve my poor Spanish speaking skills)
- Learn how to read notes to play the piano
- Take a solo vacation (preferably somewhere warm with some adventures)
- Learn to lead a group of ladies in the Canadian wilderness
- Live alone for the first time in my life
- Eat healthier
- Spend less, save more, tithe more
- Grow in my relationship with God through prayer, community, and reading
These goals are in no particular order of importance, though I will say the last two are my biggest focus for this year.
I’ve heard that if you want to make God laugh, you should tell Him your plans. So, with that in mind, I could scrap this whole list (except the last two) and just say I want to honor God with everything I do, take risks for Him and be obedient to His will.
And once I turn 30 it will all end (ha).